I love slipper chairs – they can be so versatile and stuck in various corners to add seating, create a reading nook, or be a catch all for lightly worn clothing. I built a square based frame using 4 by 4 legs, and 2 by 4’s to construct the frame and back. I set one 2 by 4 across the back before I mounted a thin sheet of plywood. After creating the basic bones to look as I wanted, I began wrapping it with foam and stuffing until I got the look of an upholstered piece of furniture. The woodworking of the chair, although solid, is ugly at best so I am going to scrounge to see if I kept any photos of the base.
I sewed a slip cover out of muslin and began working on the exterior slip cover. It came out fantastic – large enough to be a bit bigger than a chair, but not as space taking as a love seat. Here are some pictures from other angles: